Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

It’s the third Thursday in November. Over here in the United States of course that means it’s Thanksgiving, the day we remember the first harvest celebration in Massachusetts back in the year 1621.
I guess there are relatively few in this country who actually do celebrate for that reason these days but that’s okay, today Thanksgiving is an opportunity for people to get together to eat, drink and be merry. Like so many others across this country we will be going out to a family meal soon but, while we wait for kids to get ready, I thought it appropriate to give thanks for some of the important things in my life.
I’m thankful for my wife and all my family, both here in America and over in England of course, and for my home, my co-workers and my friends. I’m thankful for the food we are going to eat, the wine I will drink and the good company we’ll enjoy this afternoon.
I’m thankful for having the day off work and doubly so because I have tomorrow off too. I’m thankful I will not be getting out of bed at some unearthly hour tomorrow in order to take part in the craziness that is Black Friday and for the coming weekend with nothing planned but to relax.
Relaxing for me means an opportunity to do what I love best, to write. I’m thankful for the ideas that whirl round in my head and demand to be put down on paper, for the ability to put them down coherently, for those who taught me the art of writing and those who have helped, supported and encouraged me as I developed my writing.
Last, but by no means least, I am truly thankful for you, the people who read this blog, follow my work and buy my books, without you my efforts would be in vain and my stories would just sit and gather dust.


Thank you and happy Thanksgiving to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment