Monday, November 16, 2015

BROKEN PROMISES

I started this year with such good intentions. I believe in an early blog I promised up to four new books by Christmas, one in the spring, two in the summer and one in the fall. Those of you who follow this blog and read my stories will no doubt realize that hasn’t happened.

Up until last weekend the only new book out there was ‘Liberty’, a Revolutionary War romance-adventure. That has now been joined by ‘The Prince’s Puzzle’, a seventeenth century detective story set against the background of the English Civil War, currently available from Amazon and on Kindle for a very reasonable price.

The other two books I so foolishly promised were ‘The Sins of the Father’ and ‘Cheating’.

The first of these is a sequel to ‘The Lichfield Conspiracy’ and, with luck and a fair wind, it may actually make it for Christmas. It has already had a major rewrite, been edited twice, undergone a second rewrite and is now with my editor for a final read through. I guess the only thing that might stop its publication is the hunt for a suitable cover picture but I am working on that between writing articles, visiting England, doing a full-time day job and suffering from what my wife laughingly calls “man-flu”.

With all of that going on of course ‘Cheating’, the fifth in the popular Dean and Steph detective series, has had to take a back burner. The initial draft is more than half done but writing, editing and producing a novel is a long process. I’d like to think it will be ready for spring of 2016 but who knows what else might come up and, after this year of broken promises I am not prepared to give a definite date.

For this I apologize, I know there are many of you out there who like Dean and Steph and who have been asking for the next book. I guarantee it will come, and there may even be a sixth one too but for now I’m not making any more promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment